Not all frozen yogurt is created equal…
Frozen yogurt is a “non-standardized” frozen dessert. That means that there are no federal guidelines for what has to be included to consider a product frozen yogurt. Some products contain live and active cultures and some do not.
The National Yogurt Association has created the Live and Active Culture Seal (LAC) to help consumers identify the most beneficial yogurts to eat. The Live and Active Culture Seal is a voluntary program that is awarded to manufacturers whose products are independently tested and contain high levels of probiotic cultures.
Look for the LAC seal to know that the frozen yogurt that you are eating has these beneficial high levels of live and active cultures. Visit http://www.aboutyogurt.com for more information.
YoCream Frozen Yogurt cultures include: S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. lactis and L. acidophilus. The sweet profile YoCream yogurts contain 100-200 million cultures per gram of beneficial live and active cultures and the tart profile YoCream yogurts contain 300-400 million cultures per gram of beneficial live and active cultures, which exceeds the amount required (10 million cultures per gram) to obtain the live and active culture seal from the National Yogurt Association.
To see detailed nutritional information for each of the yogurt flavors click here.
YoCream can be part of a healthy eating plan.
All YoCream Frozen Yogurt products are:
• Good for your bones
• A good source of calcium: Adequate calcium as part of a healthful diet may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
• Good for your tummy
• Helps regulate digestive function or helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.• Increased digestibility for individuals with lactose intolerance.
• Supports wellness
• Helps maintain general digestive health and body immunity.• Low Sodium: Diets low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure, a disease associated with many factors.
• Promotes a healthy lifestyle
• Live and Active Probiotic Cultures or packed with probiotics to promote a healthy immune and digestive system or four probiotic strains contribute to potential health benefits.
• Low Cholesterol
• YoCream Frozen Yogurts do NOT contain high fructose corn syrup, except Cookies & Cream flavor, as there is HFCS in the Oreo™ Cookies.
• YoCream’s Tart Frozen Yogurts and Sorbets are all natural.
Meeting Consumer’s Dietary Lifestyle Needs
YoCream is committed to providing healthy products to a diverse and ever-changing base of consumers. YoCream Frozen Yogurt appeal to people of all ages. We address a variety of consumer tastes, health concerns and overall marketplace needs with our existing products and by creating new and innovative products and flavors that help meet consumer’s dietary lifestyle goals.
YoCream’s varied product line of frozen yogurt, sorbet, ice cream, and frozen custard, offer dessert choices that are nonfat, lowfat, no-sugar-added, non-dairy, vegetarian or gluten free. These products can be enjoyed as a part of many dietary lifestyles:
When you are maintaining or losing weight, it is helpful to have snacks or desserts that are lower in calories and fat content. YoCream Frozen Yogurt can be a better-for-you choice!
Many of our YoCream Frozen Yogurt flavors are only 100 calories or less per 1/2 cup (83g) serving. Frozen Yogurt can be included in your eating plan (including some of the leading weight management programs). For instance:
• YoCream Original Tart™ Frozen Yogurt has only 90 calories and 0 grams of fat per 1/2 cup (83g) serving, which calculates to a value of 2 Weight Watcher’s Points*
• New YoCream EuroTart™ Frozen Yogurt has only 70 calories and 0 grams of fat per1/2 cup (83g) serving, which calculates to a value of 1 Weight Watcher’s Point* Of course, you should always consult with your physician before starting a diet or exercise program.
Living with Diabetes can prove challenging when trying to add treats to your eating program. Some YoCream Frozen Yogurt flavors can be a better-for-you choice!
YoCream No-Sugar-Added Frozen Yogurt flavors have less sugar and are nonfat and have only 80 calories per 4 ounce serving. It is important to understand these frozen yogurt products do contain some naturally occurring sugars from milk and also fruit purees in some of the flavors. Consult with your dietician to see if YoCream No-Sugar-Added Frozen Yogurt would make a great snack or dessert for you.
You should always consult with your physician and/or dietician before adding new foods to your eating program or before starting a diet or exercise program.
All YoCream Frozen Yogurt flavors, with the exception of those listed below, are gluten free. You may want to consult with a dietician or your physician before adding a new product to your eating program.
Contain gluten: Red Velvet Cake, Cake Batter, Angel Food Cake, Thin Mint Cookies and Cookies & Cream.
Vegetarian & Non-Dairy
YoCream Sorbets are vegetarian and non-dairy!
All YoCream products are Kosher Certified. For more information, please see the Q&A section of their website at http://www.yocream.com/faqs.php. Frannie’s Goodie Shop in Ridge Hill is not a Kosher establishment.